The 12 song, 35-minute disc makes me really want to learn how to play guitar and had the kids stomping their feet and marching around the room....guess that was what a 4 and 5-year old think a Cowboy does?!
The playlist for Cowboy Playground includes:
- Saddle Bum: Funny title, and cute little song that my kids really enjoyed
- I'm an Old Cowhand: LoLo wants to know "how do you learn to ride, before you learn to stand?" Cute lyrics...lots of explaining from Mom :)
- Close -em on Up: Cowboy diet? Not for my little ones! Beans in a can? Dried Apple Pie? The kids somehow thought that was hysterical-wish I got it!
- Back In The Saddle Again: Great duet that had me thinking Dolly and Willy kids-style?! Really enjoyed it.
- It's the Cowboy Life for Me: You can just picture the trek this lone Cowboy is taking. Ah, sounds so relaxing at the moment.
- Pecos Bill: "The Western Superman"....yes, that is all you have to say to get LoLo's attention!
- Don't Fence Me In: This great classic is perfect for the kids to sing along too.
- Home On The Range: Who doesn't like this song? A great vocabulary teaching tool as well ("balmy" that is a fun one to explain)!
- Whoopee Ti Yi Yo: Did you know this was the first-ever Cowboy song published over 100 years ago? Me neither, but a fun fact to share with your kiddos!
- May The Trail Rise Up To Greet You: The birds and flowers will keep you company on your Cowboy journey with this one.
- Take Me Back to the Range: Ah, so need to take the kids camping after listening to this song. Campfire and sleeping under the stars is sounding really peaceful (yet dirty) right now.
- Happy Trails: Perfect way to end the disc! Great old classic.