A Potluck is inspired as the name implies: by a different "dish" that everyone brings to the event; however, in this case, the translation results in an album where each song is unique while still working together on one disc. I loved that the beats of the songs were trendy and what my kids like about some of today's pop songs, while being about subjects that are only kid-friendly! Yeah, NOT like Nicki Minaj! Lucky Diaz and The Family Jam Band were even named as one of the best new upcoming kid's music bands by USA Today and CBS.
The playlist includes:
- Morning: What will you do today? This cute intro sets the scene for the album.
- Lines and Dots: You will want to clap along with this fun song about all the shapes found in nature.
- On My Bike: What will your kid be today? A Rocketship on his bike? I know that mine will be, and this song is just perfect for him!
- Lemonade Stand: A fun upbeat favorite of ours about getting customers to come to your lemonade stand. Those are the fun memories I remember well.
- Squirrelly the Squirrel: Love the beat of this song, and the kids wanted to sing along about the Squirrel who wanted to potato sack race!
- Monkey Jones: The kid's favorite song about a funky little monkey! Had them making all kinds of ODD noises from the backseat while laughing along.
- Li'l Red Rooster: A crazy song about many of the reasons why I will never own a rooster!
- Tres Ratones: The kids sure enjoyed this Spanish song. The upbeat tempo and foreign language sure caught their attention.
- Invisible Friend: When you are lonely you are never alone when you have an invisible friend.
- Who Stole The Cookies: Just like my kid's favorite book...the mystery continues! Fun rocking hit that had everyone singing and dancing!
- Night: The Potluck is here and everyone brought their favorite dish to share! The characters from all the album's songs get together and enjoy the night.
A Potluck by Lucky Diaz and The Family Jam Band a 4 out of 5 for a creative and fun kid's album unlike ANYTHING else out there!