LoLo recently had an interest in playing games on his Fisher Price iXL (see my prior post), but the games and activities were a little too simple for him (I feel it is meant for ages 3-5).
We decided to go with a gaming system that was:
- decent battery life (about 2 hours, can be recharged in car)
- small enough for him to hold and control with little fingers
- large screen with clear graphics
- fun, highly-rated games (we checked games on Amazon)
- compatible with old AND new games
LoLo picked up the rules and movements really easily and loves playing his Nintendo 3DS with his headphones on. His particularly favorite games (which I feel are appropriate for his age) are Sonic Sega All-Stars Racing, Super Mario Kart 7, Lego Star Wars.
I highly recommend the Nintendo 3DS for ages 5 and up with good fine motor skills and the ability to either read simple rules to learn (or follow rules easily when read by you).