Check out the YouTube video below to see what is possible with Heelys (keep in mind these are trained professionals, and that I have NOT shown this to LoLo yet. Don't want him getting any ideas!)
We opted to test out the Classic Wave style in all white (see top of post image) because it was very gender-neutral and I loved the retro look of them that reminded me of my old 80s converse. I was a little worried about ordering all white (after all they are preschoolers), yet when they came I noticed that the fabric was a fantastic super-durable nylon weave that would be very easy to clean off. Not to mention the fact that Heelys are extremely well made! Seriously!
Here are the features we love about Heelys:
- Durable, easy to clean outer
- Easy to snap in wheel (use a fist to tap it in place)
- Easy to remove wheel (must use the tool that comes with it), it just pops out of place (nothing to unscrew)
- Comfortable fit (easy to lace up, padded rims around ankle, great sole inside)
- Easy to walk in without the wheels in (a little tricky for little ones to walk with wheels in, but LoLo was able to)
- Glides VERY smooth on most surfaces (great on wood floors inside on rainy days)
- Easy to stop...that is once you figure it out
Heelys for ages 6 and up (unless you have a very coordinated 5 year old). These shoes are sure to be a BIG hit for Christmas 2011 and I give them an easy 5 out of 5 rating for a top Toy Pick for ages 6 and up.