Street Funk Volume 1 with Joe Loera is a mix of Baliwood, Hip-Hop, and 80s moves that I just ate up! I thought that Loera was a great mix between that upbeat 20-something year old kid who is hyped up on life, to a fun and friendly dance partner you just want to hang out with all day. The routines that he instructions you in are fun, fresh, and often times funny (or so the kids thought so). I had a great time doing the movements with the kids, and liked the mix of many different styles that it offered. It felt more like taking a dance class with your friends, rather than learning and crafting a dance technique-which is what I feel this style is all about.
Here is what you get on the DVD:
- Introduction: Meet Joe Loera and learn about his background as a dancer.
- Vogueing: A fun-filled Baliwood inspired dance number that encourages individuality.
- Marco Polo: LaLa thought this swim-movement inspired dance number was hilarious! Tons of fun for any age.
- Bounce: A Hip-Hop routine with a-lot of booty shaking!
- Chick-Mac-Live: This routine is truly Street Funk in that is can not fit into one catagory. Just imagine Hip-Hop meets The Funky Chicken meets Stomping!
Check out Tezoro Productions for all of their dance DVDs by world-renowned dancers and choreographers. Make sure to use the 20% off discount from DanseCoupon.com!