I was really happy to test out the Junior Backpack from Deuter for LoLo (age 4.5) because I was looking for a well-made backpack that is just the right size for him (see pic below). It is actually hard to find a "preschooler" backpack that is not "cutesy!" You know what I mean (PBK) with the adorable little bunnies and stuff on them. No, I wanted something that would be perfect for our day hiking trips or for church (yes, we do bring gear to church to keep the kids busy). I found it in the Deuter Junior Backpack.
Here are the features of the Deuter Junior Backpack that we love:
- Extremely light-weight...I can not say this enough (it is like a miniature feather pillow)
- Water-resistant construction inside and out. I loved the liner which doesn't allow spilled liquids to seep in!
- Amazing construction. This bag is made extremely well. The exterior pockets and pouches are very strong and the stitching is very well done
- The colors are very eye pleasing and work for any gender: orange, moss, ocean
- The back is very padded and contoured to shape little ones anatomy
- The straps are S-shaped and padded for more comfort
- There is a chest strap to keep it secure while hiking
- Two mesh side pockets are just the right size to hold 2 larger sippy cups
- Name tag on the inside
- Reflectors on two places
- D-rings to attach anything!
- Straps to hold a sleeping bag or lightweight items on top