I originally purchased them on a trip to Austin, Texas (isn't that what you are supposed to do when you visit Texas?). Since then I have worn them out to a fancy dinner with skinny jeans and a black top, hiking the trails at our new ranch in Southern Oregon, to running errands and chasing kids around.
These are truly the most comfortable shoes I own hands-down, and here is why:
- I have a very high arch and these shoes actually touch it!
- They are very padded in the sole, yet still stiff enough to provide tons on support.
- I have somewhat wide feet and the leather stretches and molds to my feet.
- They can take a beating and still clean up great with a damp rag.
- They run true to size, and if they are a little snug at first will grow (so don't buy too big).
- They are extremely well made with a wood heel and gel insert for heel comfort.