The Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat is the best forward facing car seat I have ever owned. What is even better is that since it fits children 30 pounds to 100 pounds, I will never need to buy another car seat again! In the past we have had a Graco Infant Snugride, a Britax Marathon and a few others I can't even remember now. As far as convertible car seats go, the Britax was very well rated but a beast in the car. I hated how much room it took up on the seat, how heavy it was, and how difficult it was to move from car to car if you didn't have the latch system. In comparison, the Nautilus is amazing! It is extremely light, but very well made and comfortable. It can be moved from car to car very easily, and has a lot of features my kids like: cupholder, spot for small toys, padded headrest that they can still see around.
Here is what I like about it:
- The safety rating as shown on Amazon.com states:
- "The car seat meets or exceeds US Safety Standards, including U.S. Compliance Standard FMVSS 213; the New Car Assessment Program (NCAP), with peak Crash Force approximately twice the Car Seat Standard; and tests for Extreme Car Interior Temperatures. EPS energy-absorbing foam provides additional security and comfort."
- Colors are nice and easy to clean fabric
- 5-point harness fits big kids up to 65 pounds
- Can be moved easily from car to car
- Cupholder and spot for toys
- Slim design fits even in small vehicles (like my husband's maxima)
- Can convert to a backless booster
- Fits kids up to 100 pounds
- Easy for my 4 year old to latch, but he can NOT unlatch it (yet)
What I don't like about it:
- It doesn't lean back like the Britax so there is some head slumping when sleeping
- I wish there were 2 cupholders instead of one
- Crumbs get stuck in the toy compartments, but it is easy to clean
- That's really all I can think of!
*Thanks Norine for suggesting this post.